Skip to content
Cautions and Contraindications of Castor Oil
Posted On June 24, 2015
- Make sure you are cognizant of the cautions and contraindications of the various oils.
- Castor Oil could be used on Lips or for the Piles.
- Many oils, especially citrus oils, can be photosensitive. Use them carefully if the skin is going to be exposed to the sun. This is especially true of tanning beds.
- Oils strong in menthol should not be used on children aged 3 and under.
- This includes peppermint, camphor, wintergreen, etc.
- Do not apply oils to the inner ear. If you are using the auricular microsystem, use only a very small amount so that there will not be a large enough drop to flow to the inner portion of the ear.
- We will halve the dosage of the blend if we use it on the auricular
microsystem or anywhere on the head.
- Keep oils away from the eyes. If you have oils on your fingers, be mindful not to rub your eyes.
- Test the oils on the soles of the feet or on the inside of the upper arm
region to make sure there will be no reaction. This is especially important in people who have allergies.
- If irritation occurs, dilute the oil on the skin with a carrier oil. We use corn oil. Water will not mix with the oil, and may exacerbate the situation.
- Keep oils out of reach of children. We do not take them internally at all. If an oil is ingested, dilute with milk and call poison control.
- Keep oils away from flames, sparks and sources of electricity. Some may be flammable.
- Do not add oils directly to bath water. First dilute with a carrier oil or a bath gel.
- Do not apply undiluted essential oils to mucous membranes.